LIBRARY HOURS :
The main library is open during college working hours (10 am to 5 p.m.)
Procedure to be following in borrowing books:-
Application for each book required must be made on one of the forms which may be obtained from the Library Counter. Only one volume is to be applied for on any one form. Application forms should be filled in by 12 Noon on Weekdays and by 11 A.M. on Saturdays. Books for which requisition is made after 12 Noon will be issued on the following day.
Books will be issued to students during the following hours:-
i) On week-days – 1 P.M. to 3.30 P.M.
ii) On Saturdays & half-holidays – 12 Noon to 1 P.M.
LIBRARY RULES :
- The Library is open on week-days from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M except on Saturdays, when it is open from 10 A.M. to 1.45 P.M.
- The Library is closed on Sundays and college holidays.The attention of all members of the college is drawn to the rule that SILENCE IS TO BE MAINTAINED IN THE LIBRARY. The Library being a place of study only, conversation of any kind is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- Students of this college are allowed to borrow books from the Library for use in their homes; but books marked “FOR REFERENCE” shall not be removed from the Library.
- Books borrowed from the Library must be returned within a fortnight from the date of issue.
- A Book may be re-issued to the same reader at the end of a fortnight, provided that no other student has applied for it in the meantime.
- If any case of mutilation is detected, the last borrower will be responsible for the book.
- Procedure to be following in borrowing books:-
Aplication for each book required must be made on one of the forms which may be obtained from the Library Counter. Only one volume is to be applied for on any one form. Application forms should be filled in by 12 Noon on Weekdays and by 11 A.M. on Saturdays. Books for which requisition is made after 12 Noon will be issued on the following day. Books will be issued to students during the following hours:- i) On week-days – 1 P.M. to 3.30 P.M. ii) On Saturdays & half-holidays – 12 Noon to 1 P.M.
8. Reference books and books required for consultation in the Library will be issued at any time while Library is open.
9. Students must hand over their Library card to the Assistant Librarian on receipt of the book asked for. This card joined to the original slip of application submitted by the student will be kept by the Librarian as the student’s receipt for the book issued to him
10. Borrower must examine the condition of the books when thy take them out and will be held responsible for the bookso long as the receipt remains with the Librarian. The receipt will be given back when the book is returned. Books are on no account to be torn or defaced and nothing is to be written on the pages of the books. Any one responsible for the loss or damage of books will be required to make good such loss or damage at his own expense.
11.Books required by professors, if in the possession of the students, must be returned at once on receipt of notice from the Library Staff
12.Books can be borrowed for use at home during the Puja vacation, when the dates of their return fall during vacation, they must be returned on the day the college re-opens.
13. Students must return books in their possession at the time of taking transfer from the college and on completing their lectures or at any time when ordered to do so by the Librarian. Transfer certificates and University receipts authorising students to sit for examinations will not be granted unless certificates from the Librarian are produced stating that all library books have been duly returned.
14. In case of loss of the Library card, a duplicate will be issued on payment of Rs 5/- only.
MEMBERS OF STAFF
- Member of teaching staff are free to take out books to a limit of fifteen volumes.
2. The borrowing privilege of the demonstrators is limited to six volumes and of the office-staff and the Asst.Librarian to two volumes.
3. Books may be retained up to a maximum period of two months, on the expiry of which they are to be returned to the Library. They may be re-issued for a further period provided that there has been no other requisition for them.
Rules For Book Bank.
Rules for the U.G.C. Section of ”Book Bank” –
St. Paul’s C.M. College Calcutta. (Exclusively meant for utilisation by the students )
1.Books will be made available to all students of the college.
2. Requisitions of books of this section will be received in the library with proper recommendation from the members of the teaching staff of the respective departments with final approval of the principal of the college
3. All books are to be checked physically by the Library Staff at least once a year.
4.In any case if a student is given transfer certificate or the student ceases to be a student of this college in any other way that should be intimated to the Library office immediately so that the books in his/her possession can be realized.
5. If a book is lost it must be replaced by the borrower. Books are returnable within 10 days from the completion of the University examinations of the college. In default a fine will be charged at the rate of 10 paise per day from due date.
Lastly these rules have been framed with a view to ensuring the Maximum utilization of standard text-books by the largest number of deserving students. The Principal and the Librarian or the Library Committee has the discretion to relax the above rules, in special cases, in the interest of really deserving and indigent students.