Axes is the only inter-disciplinary Journal of St. Paul’s Cathedral Mission College, Kolkata. It is a tri-lingual (English, Bengali and Hindi) Journal. The Editors-in-Chief of the Journal are Dr. Biswajit Pal, Department of Chemistry, St. Paul’s C.M. College and Dr. Anasuya Bhar, Department of English, St. Paul’s C.M. College. There is an Editorial Board, consisting of representative members from all the Departments of the Institution to aid the Editors. It will be a peer-reviewed, biannual Journal.
The Journal aims to establish a bridge between different disciplines of the arts and the sciences. It will try to highlight the oft-neglected connections between the Humanities (Language, Literature, Philosophy, Speech and Communication), Social Sciences (History, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Psychology, Social Work), Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Sciences, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Agriculture & Soil Science, Material Science, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology) and the Arts (Dance, Theatre, Music, Visual Arts) where the disciplines can unite, collaborate, and engage with one another towards shared research-oriented and educational goals. Axes will consider papers on subjects from all academic fields keeping in mind its unique vision of collaborating and communicating between disciplines. The Journal also wishes to have a ‘Creative Corner’ to showcase the creativity among academicians.
The first issue of the Journal is expected to be published by the end of December 2018. The last date of submission of papers is 31st October, 2018.
Instruction to Authors:
• Author(s) are encouraged to submit the paper/article to the Editor-in-Chief, Axes via email email@example.com).
• Contributions may be in English, Bengali or Hindi languages.
• The average length of the papers should not exceed 3000 words.
• Manuscript must be in MS Word (.doc) format (Times New Roman, font size 12, double spaced, 1 inch margin all around). The manuscript should be arranged in the following sequence: Title; Abstract; Introduction; Materials and Methods; Results and Discussion; Acknowledgement; References. (Sciences)
The manuscripts from the Humanities and Arts background may or may not have subheadings, but must surely have an Abstract and a List of Works Cited.
• Title page should contain the title of the article, names of all authors, their institutional affiliations. The name of corresponding author should be clearly marked by (*) and his/her full postal address with email id should be clearly mentioned.
• Abstract should be concise not more than 200 words in case of all articles.
• Introduction section should clearly indicate the aim of the study in case of Science articles.
• The details of the experimental methods (if any) should be concise in case of Science articles.
• Reference for the Science articles should follow in the following style:
For Article: I. Brandariz, E. Iglesias, Colloids Surf. A: Physicochem. Eng. Asp., 2014, 454, 180-188.
For Book: M.N. Jones, D. Chapman, Micelles, Monolayers and Biomembranes, Wiley, New York, 1995.
• References for Arts and Humanities should follow the MLA 7 Style sheet of references for the Works Cited. End notes are preferable and not footnotes.
• The citation style for articles in Bengali and Hindi may be finalized with the members present from the respective members of the Editorial Board.
It is earnestly hoped that the Journal will publish only unpublished and original articles and shall not encourage any attempts in plagiarising. The copyright of all the authors shall remain specifically with them.
Dr. Biswajit Pal (Science), Dept of Chemistry, St. Paul’s C.M. College
Dr. Anasuya Bhar (Arts), Dept of English, St. Paul’s C.M. College
• Dr. Anil Kumar Barik (Chemistry)
• Mr. Debasish Mondal (Microbiology)
• Dr. Sk. Makbul Islam (Bengali)
• Dr. Kamalesh Pandey (Hindi)
• Mr. Santanu Bannerjee (History)
• Dr. Sabyasachi Mahapatra (Physics)
• Dr. Sudeshna Mitra (Economics)
• Dr. Rahul Bannerjee (Mathematics)
• Ms. Tayana Chatterjee (English)
• Ms. Monorima Sen (Philosophy)
• Ms. Ruth R. Khan (Political Science)
• Prof. S.N. Srivastav (Indian Statistical Institute)
• Prof. Kaushik Gupta (University of Calcutta)
• Prof. Goutam Mukherjee (Indian Statistical Institute)
• Prof. Kumarjit Mondal (University of Calcutta)
• Prof. S. P. Moulik (Jadavpur University)
• Prof. Jayanta K. Bhattacharya (Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science)
• Prof. Amitava Raychowdhury (University of Calcutta)
• Prof. Chittaranjan Sinha (Jadavpur University)
• Prof. Manmohini Kaul (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
• Prof. Arunava Ghosh (Rabindra Bharati University)
• Prof. Sudeshna Bannerjee (Jadavpur University)
• Prof. Sudip Das (University of Calcutta)
• Prof. Nandini Bhattacharya (University of Burdwan)